Closed for the Easter Weekend We shall be closing our doors for a well-earned long weekend this Easter. This means we will close at 4.30pm on Thursday 9th April 2020 and reopen at 8.00am on Tuesday 14th April 2020. All orders placed on the website or over the phone after 12.00pm on Thursday 9th April will […]
We are Open The Global Pandemic of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) has hit many businesses hard and we have witnessed the closure of so many businesses over the past weekend. However as a small business ourselves serving many self-employed members of the construction industry, we know that many of you have no choice but to carry on […]
‘We’re standing far apart now so we can embrace each other later’
Something to keep in the back of your mind while we tackle this pandemic together. Whether you’re working from home, self-isolating or continuing to work in an eerily quiet workplace, the Coronavirus has had an impact on us all. At CES we have always been keen to promote the importance of looking after your mental health and we recognise that now more than ever is a time to be doing this. We have put together some tips and tricks to help navigate us all through these challenging times and keep a positive mindset.
Welcome to our ‘new normal’ March 2020, it will certainly be a time that sticks in our memory. In light of the Government statement regarding the severity of the Coronavirus released last night (23rd March 2020), we have had to review our business processes for the safety of our employees, their families and of course […]
March 2020, it will certainly be a time that sticks in our memory. In light of the Government statement regarding the severity of the Coronavirus released last night (23rd March 2020), we have had to review our business processes for the safety of our employees, their families and of course our customers. Construction is an industry that cannot function on a working from home basis (other than some of our office staff) so with that in mind we will continue to open and are here to support you as our customers. Please read the following carefully which outlines our reviewed business operations to keep everyone safe at the time.
- The trade counter is now closed to the public. However we remain open as an online company and can take orders over the phone or through the website so please continue to place those orders for tools, tapes and other items as we can very much fulfil these.
- Payments must be taken over the phone or via the payment option on the website.
- Our courier company continues to operate therefore home/business delivery is very much still an option.
- We can offer a collection service from our premises in High Wycombe. We ask if you could please call when you arrive and we can place parcels/items outside for you to collect in order to maintain the social distancing measures keeping a distance of 2metres.
- We will no longer be sending out equipment to site but please look to the brighter future and call us to enquire into machine hire once we get back to normality and we can be prepared and book items in.
- We shall continue to service machines but again we ask if you could talk any issues through over the phone to reduce social contact and please call us to let us know you have arrived to allow us to bring your machine in whilst reducing social contact.
- If you are off-hiring a machine we can still collect from site but please respect the guidelines for social distancing in order to keep both you and the driver safe.
- We are aware many sites are now closing so if you have a machine on hire from us please call us on 01494 715472 to discuss suspension of your hire contract.
We will of course be continually reviewing the situation as the week progresses but we are desperate to keep going in order to support you as our customers who are very much at the heart of our business. Please do not think we are being rude by keeping our distance, we are just following the guidelines set out by the government. Thank you for your continued support and please keep an eye on our social media channels and website for further updates and just to keep in contact which is so important at this time. Stay safe everyone.
The Global Pandemic of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) has hit many businesses hard and we have witnessed the closure of so many businesses over the past weekend. However as a small business ourselves serving many self-employed members of the construction industry, we know that many of you have no choice but to carry on with your businesses being your livelihood. As of the beginning of the working week (23rd March), we received a huge volume of calls asking if we are still open so we want to reiterate WE ARE OPEN. We will continue to support and serve you for as long as government guidelines will allow though of course have bought in additional stringent hygiene and safety measures to protect our staff and their families as well as our customers.
Though we are open, we have taken the decision to amend our business operating hours in order to protect both our staff and customers at this unprecedented time. CES Hire will be operating the following hours until further notice…
Monday – Friday 8am until 4.30pm
Saturday – Closed
Both our customers and employees’ health is our first priority and therefore we are following government advice and measures where possible. Should anything change regarding this pandemic we will provide an update at www.ces-hire.com as soon as possible.
For help and advice on the symptoms and what to do if you contract Coivid-19 (Corona Virus) please visit the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Giving, without all the ‘stuff’ In a world of ‘stuff’ bursting out of every cupboard and drawer, what can we give this Christmas? You’ll know from our last blog that we are endeavouring to have a more sustainable Christmas and we certainly didn’t want to be the bearers of more plastic, more gifts to squirrel […]
I’m Dreaming of a Green Christmas Every year the press gives us those all-important odds of a white Christmas but this year at CES we’re hoping for a Green Christmas. I’m sure by know you all know about our eco-drive this year and our efforts were celebrated with our place as a finalist in the […]
Airless Plastering Machines Airless plastering machines are having an exciting breakthrough onto the UK market and are certainly showing that they are they future. Whilst it appears that spray-applied plaster dominates on the continent, the UK is working hard to catch up and 2019 is certainly it’s year to shine. With a need for 230,000 […]
Dennis the Dinosaur: Finding a Home for Christmas Dennis. the 4ft cuddly T-rex first burst on the scene with CES with Nick and Ben at UK Construction Week 2018 at Birmingham NEC. Donning his high-vis jacket and entry lanyard, he was certainly a talking point on our stand. Before Dennis made the long journey to […]